2023 – 2024 TUITION and FEE SCHEDULE
APPLICATION / WAITING LIST FEE:
Non-refundable fee of $77.00 per child
Once accepted into Saint John XXIII Catholic School Community, the following fees apply.
REGISTRATION FEE: Non-Refundable fee of $400.00 per child per year paid upon acceptance.
VPO FEE (Parent Organization): Non-refundable fee of $40.00 per family paid upon acceptance.
Individual Student Rates Kindergarten thru 8th grade
|Active St. Bernadette Parishioner||$6,865|
|Active Catholic Parishioner||$7,199|
|Non-Active Catholic Parishioner or Non-Catholic||$9,957|
NON-ACTIVE CATHOLIC PARISHIONER or NON-CATHOLIC: Catholic families who cannot verify they are registered and active, contributing members of their Catholic parish; all non-Catholic families.
|Status||5 Days – Morning Only (8AM-12PM)||5 Days – Full (8AM-2:30PM Mon.-Thurs., 8AM-12:10PM Friday)|
|Active St. Bernadette Parishioner||$5,948||$8,111|
|Active Catholic Parishioner||$6,237||$8,505|
|Non-Active Catholic Parishioner or Non-Catholic||$7,938||$10,206|
Please click here to register for FACTS
Tuition is paid monthly through FACTS, June through May. First payment is non-refundable. For new families, the amount equal to one month’s tuition is paid upon acceptance and is non-refundable. Families may also choose to pay the full year in advance. Tuition is for the academic year. Should a circumstance occur which causes a student to withdraw from Saint John XXIII, tuition will be pro-rated by month of attendance and a partial refund may be issued only if a 30 day notification is given and the opening can be filled.
OTHER SCHOOL-RELATED FEES:
All Saint John XXIII families are required to enroll in FACTS and maintain an active account throughout the year. All school-related fees will be paid through FACTS. This includes registration, sports, extended day, yearbook, field trip, graduation fees, etc.
There are several options available in the FACTS system to pay tuition at Saint John XXIII Catholic School Community.
1) Payment in Full on August 10th or August 20th of the current school year.
2) Payment in 2 installments – Half of the tuition is paid in August and the remainder in January.
3) Pay Monthly
- 10 Monthly Transfers – July through April, on the 10th or 20th day of the month
- 12 Monthly Transfers – June through May, on the 10th or 20th day of the month
NOTE: First payment is non-refundable. For new families, the first month’s tuition is paid upon acceptance and is non-refundable.
For questions concerning Tuition and Financial Assistance, contact Laura Bentzin, Tuition Administrator, 480-905-0939 ext. 307 or Margaret Colwell 480-905-0939 ext. 306 .
ESA Scholarship for Arizona Residents
CLICK HERE to learn about the Arizona State Department of Education ESA Scholarship.
Also see note below.
Catholic Education Arizona Scholarship Assistance
The State of Arizona has tax credits available for taxpayers who donate to qualified school tuition organizations. Families may seek assistance from any of these organizations. The school tuition organization affiliated with the Diocese of Phoenix is the Catholic Education Arizona (CEA). CEA grants scholarships based on qualified financial need.
Any student seeking financial aid and/or scholarship assistance must complete and return the Catholic Education Arizona Scholarship Application. Applications are done on-line at: www.fairapp.com. (School Code: 700 / Password: cea700)
- This application is due annually by April 15th. Late applications are accepted from students who attended a public school, a charter school or were home schooled during the current school year.
- This application must be followed up by mailing or faxing a copy of your current tax return.
- Only those students with a completed and timely application will be considered for any financial aid based on need.
- Financial aid covers only a portion of the tuition costs. The amount of the award is determined by CEA after reviewing the application and available funds.
- FAIR will return this letter within two weeks of receipt of your application. Check the letter for accuracy: make sure it lists the correct students, schools and grades.
- If you do receive your letter and it contains errors or requests additional information, please contact FAIR using the phone number listed on the letter.
- Students with incomplete applications receive no award, so please make sure you complete the application correctly.
Supplemental Financial Aid
Supplemental Financial Aid from Saint John XXIII Catholic School maybe available after Catholic Education Arizona Needs-Based Funds have been awarded.
Families applying for Supplemental Financial Aid must:
- Complete the Catholic Education Arizona application (instructions above)
- Visit with their Parish Pastor regarding financial situation and request assistance
- Complete the Supplemental Financial Aid Request Form and provide needed documentation. Packets are available by contacting the Tuition Administration at the school office
Good communication is imperative. For the sake of your family’s security and peace of mind and for the general financial stability of the school, we encourage parents/guardians to contact the school Tuition Administration as soon as possible when circumstances change, or if experiencing economic difficulties in making a tuition payment.
An interview may be scheduled after all documentation is received and reviewed.
NOTICE REGARDING TUITION FUNDING PROGRAMS
The State of Arizona provides several options to assist families in paying for your child’s Catholic education, including the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) Program and through State Tuition Organization (STO) tax credit funds. These programs are offered through the State and/or through the individual STO, and are not managed by the School.
Therefore, you are responsible for compliance with all terms, conditions to eligibility, and legal requirements related to any programs in which you participate. Please note in particular that pursuant to state law, if you choose to utilize an Empower Scholarship Account, you may not utilize STO funds (or vice versa). The School is not responsible for ensuring your compliance with this or any other term, condition, law or requirement relating to tuition assistance programs.
Furthermore, please be aware that payment of your child’s tuition is your responsibility, whether or not you choose to participate in ESA, STO, or any other programs or options to assist your family. These programs may not cover 100% of the cost of tuition and fees, and therefore any outstanding portion will remain your responsibility.