The Catholic school environment gives testimony to Catholic morals, values, and ethics in society and in the Church.To help further our mission, we have a full time Coordinator of Campus Ministry Projects on staff, Patti Jasinski, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students participate in daily classroom prayers and religious education, weekly Mass and other devotional activities.
The religion program strives to deepen love of God and neighbor in the individual. It is the reason for our existence as a parochial school.
Regular religious activities and worship include:
- A developmental study of religious truths and of Sacred Scripture
- Participation in worship, including weekly Mass
- Practices in Christ-like living and family life
- Study of the Bible and other religious texts
- Meditation and spiritual reading time
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Every class is encouraged to attend at least once per week.
- Reconciliation: Children in 3rd-8th grades have the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation during the school year.
Each school day begins and ends with prayer. Teachers provide the opportunity throughout the school day for students to pray. The Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be…, Act of Contrition, Memorare, and Rosary are taught in K-4th grades. These prayers are used and reviewed in each succeeding grade.
“Ways of Worship” (WOW) is a group of parents who coordinate SJXXIII students, teachers and staff to celebrate beautiful traditions of our Catholic faith. These traditions include schoolwide praying of the Rosary, Stations of the Cross and Epiphany. Ways of Worship volunteers also assist formation through spiritual retreats for each grade level.
Faith in Action is school program that involves all students in regular service projects and field trips that provide valuable support to our community. Each grade sponsors a different organization or area of need.
Spirit of Service is a group of Saint John XXIII parents who have helped further the school mission to serve others by bringing service opportunities that exist in our local community. Periodically this group will post service projects on the SOS page, which can be done as a family at off site locations.