The Spirit of Service committee is comprised of parent volunteers organizing service opportunities that exist in our local community for children and their parents to contribute their time and efforts acting as the Hands and Feet of Christ as a R.E.A.L. Catholic community while building relationships and participating in active Catholic Stewardship.
We have a wonderful group of Saint John XXIII parents have helped further our mission to serve others by bringing us service opportunities that exist in our local community. Periodically this group will post service projects that can be done as a family at off site locations.
These projects are not run by the school so there is no need for permission slips or driver forms! The school will simply pass on the opportunities identified by this sub group of our Catholic Identity Committee and you and your family can participate if you are interested.
We will continue to organize outside events for groups from our community and look forward to the chance to serve as the Hands and feet of Christ alongside you very soon.
Feed My Starving Children
Fri Nov 22 / 3:30-5:30
Can you join us?
FMSC offers volunteers a one-of-a-kind experience. You’ll hand-pack rice, soy, dried vegetables and a nutritionally complete blend of vitamins and minerals into bags which are then sealed, boxed, placed on pallets and shipped to our incredible partners working hard to reach the neediest children around the world.
Families Giving Back
Opportunities ongoing. Please check their calendar and “At home Project” section
The Mission of Families Giving Back is to inspire and help families volunteer together; and by doing so, help raise compassionate, socially conscious children who understand the importance of giving to others. Their Vision is a community where families with children of all ages can make a positive impact in the community, becoming closer as a family and making volunteering a way of life.
Service Opportunity Resources
- Desert Foothills Food Bank: http://www.foothillsfoodbank.com/volunteering
- St. Mary’s Food Bank: http://www.firstfoodbank.org/get-involved/volunteer
- St Vincent de Paul: St. Vincent de Paul – Volunteer
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry at St. Joan of Arc: 602-867-2288
- Welcome to America Project: http://www.wtap.org/volunteer/volunteer-needs/
- Kids for Ryan House: Ryan House – Donations and Support
- Kitchen on the Street: Kitchen on the Street – Get Involved
- Saint Patrick’s Community Service: Contact Larry Przeniczny – Knights of Columbus – 480-330-4079 – larryPRZE@cox.net for information and dates