The Spirit of Service committee is comprised of parent volunteers organizing service opportunities that exist in our local community for children and their parents to contribute their time and efforts acting as the Hands and Feet of Christ as a R.E.A.L. Catholic community while building relationships and participating in active Catholic Stewardship.
We have a wonderful group of Saint John XXIII parents have helped further our mission to serve others by bringing us service opportunities that exist in our local community. Periodically this group will post service projects that can be done as a family at off site locations.
These projects are not run by the school so there is no need for permission slips or driver forms! The school will simply pass on the opportunities identified by this sub group of our Catholic Identity Committee and you and your family can participate if you are interested.
We will continue to organize outside events for groups from our community and look forward to the chance to serve as the Hands and feet of Christ alongside you very soon.
COMING SOON @ THE BEGINNING OF THE 2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Service Opportunity Resources
- Desert Foothills Food Bank: http://www.foothillsfoodbank.com/volunteering
- St. Mary’s Food Bank: http://www.firstfoodbank.org/get-involved/volunteer
- St Vincent de Paul: St. Vincent de Paul – Volunteer
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry at St. Joan of Arc: 602-867-2288
- Welcome to America Project: http://www.wtap.org/volunteer/volunteer-needs/
- Kids for Ryan House: Ryan House – Donations and Support
- Kitchen on the Street: Kitchen on the Street – Get Involved
- Saint Patrick’s Community Service: Contact Larry Przeniczny – Knights of Columbus – 480-330-4079 – larryPRZE@cox.net for information and dates