Extended Day will begin on the first full-day of school.
Extended Day Overview
EXTENDED DAY AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Monday – Friday
K – 8th Grade
School Dismissal until 5:30 p.m.
– Extended Day Fees
o Monthly $250
o Daily $ 20
o After 5:30 p.m. pickup: $5.00 per minute
Extended Day after school program is available to all parents that have to work beyond the dismissal time of the school day. The Extended Day Program will be every day after school: Monday through Thursday starting when school dismisses until 5:30 p.m. and Fridays from 12:20 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Enrichment classes will be offered until 4:30 p.m and the Homework Helpers class will be available M-F until 4:30 p.m.
The Extended Day Program and Enrichment classes will be offered every day that school is in session except for those days noted on the school calendar.
If school is not in session, there will be no Extended Day.
– The direct line for the Extended Day Program is 480-905-0939 ext. 323. Please call this number if you need to contact us while your child is in the Extended Day Program.
– Students participating in the Extended Day Program will be escorted to the Multi-Purpose Room (Spanish Room) at their dismissal time and remain with the Director and/or Coordinator of the Extended Day Program until the start of the extended day.
– Most Enrichment Classes will be held in the Saint John XXIII classrooms and in the large field area.
– Students will be checked in when they enter the Multi-Purpose Room after school dismissal and attendance will be taken in each of the enrichment classes they are enrolled in.
– For your child’s safety you will have to come to the Multi-Purpose Room and sign out your child whether your child is in Extended Day or Enrichment Classes. Only parents and guardians will be permitted to sign out your child. If another adult, other than parent or guardian will be picking up your child, you must fill out, and sign, the Authorized Persons List (i.e. Grandparent, Sister, Nanny, etc.) This form will stay with the Extended Day staff and not in the school office.
– Students that are not picked up from school by 3:15 p.m. will be placed into Extended Day. When signing out your child you will be provided and asked to sign an Extended Day Drop-in Billing Form. This form will indicate that you will be charged the daily rate of $20, unless the Director and/or Coordinator deem the reason for the late pick-up to be such that the fee can be waived.
– Snacks will not be provided during the Extended Day Program. If your child wishes to eat a snack they must bring their own. We do encourage all students to have an extra bottle of water with them, especially if they are participating in any of our outdoor Enrichment Classes (AIT, GOLF).
– On Fridays, your child will not have a lunch time during the school day due to early dismissal. If your child will be in Extended Day, please provide a lunch and possibly a snack depending on how long your child will be there. Fridays are also “movie day.” An animated or National Geographic/Educational “G” rated movie will be provided.
– The Extended Day program is available until 5:30 p.m. If you think you may be late picking up your child, please call 480-905-0939 ext. 323. The fee for pickup after 5:30 p.m. is $5.00 per minute. If your child is picked up late more than three (3) times you will need to meet with the administration and this could jeopardize the opportunity to remain in the Extended Day program.
– All fees for the Extended Day Program, Enrichment Classes will be billed through FACTS.
o Monthly and daily extended day services will be invoiced on the first day following the month that the services were incurred with payment due 10 days from the invoice date.
o Enrichment classes will be invoiced approx. 1 week after the class starts with payment due in either one or two installments – the exact billing will vary based on the class as indicated on the sign-in page for each class.
o Fees for drop-ins or late pick-ups will be billed based on the Extended Day Drop-in Billing Form signed by the responsible party picking up the student(s). These daily fees will be invoiced at month-end following the service date with payment due 10 days from the invoice date.
o Should you wish to pay with cash or a check for any extended day services or enrichment classes, such payments needs to be brought to the Business Office at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled FACTS payment date. For more information, please refer to the Parent/Student St. John XXIII Handbook and/or call Laura Bentzin at (480) 905-0939.
– If you are enrolled in the Extended Day After School Program, Homework Helpers is included. During this time, teachers, Instructional Aides and High School Tutors will work with students to help them get organized, on task, and motivated to succeed in their daily assignments. Students are encouraged to bring any assignments, textbooks, materials, etc. so that the tutor can help navigate through their daily homework during the session. For younger students, guided games and activities will also be available. This is available for K-8 students between the hours of 3:15 pm – 4:30 pm.
Enrichment Class Offerings