How to Contribute
- Step 1. Click to be directed to the CEA Contact/Billing form.
- Step 2. Fill out CEA Contact/Billing Information and designate Saint John XXIII (201)
- Step 3. A receipt of your contribution will be emailed to you for your tax records
Catholic Education Arizona (CEA) Tax Credit
Our Catholic faith reminds us that we are a sacred and social people with a call to family, community and active participation in service to others.
“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interest of others” -Philippians 2:4
The State of Arizona, through Catholic Education Arizona (CEA), provides Arizona taxpayers a unique opportunity to direct a portion of their state tax dollars to support Saint John XXIII, providing much needed scholarship assistance to those of our students who would otherwise be unable to receive a Catholic education.
This wonderful tax credit program has made a huge difference in our community and has aided many families with a reduction of the cost of tuition. We need your help to build on its foundation and take it to the next level.
A few quick facts about the CEA Tax Credit program:
- The tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar CREDIT against the taxes you have paid to the state of Arizona, and is of absolutely no cost to you.
- This is your chance to tell the state exactly where you would like a portion of your tax dollars to go. Your tax dollars CAN benefit St. John students directly!
- The dollar amount you designate to St. John through CEA reduces your Arizona state tax liability by an equal amount with no out of pocket cost to you.
- It is easy to include with your taxes… really! You can do it yourself, ask your tax adviser or include in your TurboTax program. The easy to navigate CEA site provides you with a tax receipt to include in your paperwork.
- Directly benefits our students when designated to SJXXIII.
- In the past years, we have had successful campaigns where every family who applied (regardless of qualified need) received some form of an award towards tuition. This is huge accomplishment, and with more support we can grow this to benefit even more families!
- This year you can redirect up to $2213 (married filers) or up to $1107 (single filer) and qualify for a reduction of your tax bill or refund.
- Act before April 15, 2019 for state credit on your 2018 state taxes.
- Yes, there are other tuition organization and we are aware of those designations but if we ourselves contribute and ask family and friends to do the same…we can make St. John XXIII affordable for us all!
Please share this no cost tax credit program with your friends and family and ask them to donate to CEA at www.catholiceducationarizona.com and designate St. John XXIII. Contributions given by April 15, 2019 will count towards this year’s taxes. Please support Catholic education and St. John through CEA and the tax credit.
If you have detailed questions, please call the CEA office directly at (602)218-6572. For more general information, please feel free to reach out to the St. John Development Office at (480)905-0939. Thank you in advance for supporting CEA, Catholic education and St. John XXIII with this tax credit program.